Friday, January 8, 2010

After 2 days of traveling I am here! Cairns, Australia! It is so hot out! For our first day we took a walking tour of the city. We went to the logoon, a huge swimming area. It is man made right by the ocean. You can't swim in the ocean because the crocs will eat you. There are a lot of cute shops that I'm going to try to stay out of. We ate lunch at a place called Rattle n Hum. Food was good, we ate outside and right after dinner there were these huge bats flying over us. It looked so cool. I got some pictures of it. A little after dinner I went to bed. It was about 4am Wisconsin time.

Today I woke up early and ate breakfast with everyone in the group. We split up and I did some shopping for some things I needed. Then I called Dan. I miss him so much! It is sooooooo hot out. I spet a long time by the pool. I must have put on enough sunblock because I not even tan. I went to the farmers market and got a funky watch because I don't have a cell phone to tell me what time it is. They had fruit I've never seen before. I got pictures of some. I know I'm a dork, but wait to you see it! Now I'm waiting for my group to gather so we can go eat dinner. Everyone in my group is very nice. We are going to have a great 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment